Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Molly and Max challenged me to start a blog and create at least one post each day for one year. This blog is my attempt to meet that challenge.  I don't usually have a lot of staying power when it comes to trying to do something every day for a year - I tried the picture a day website when I bought my camera and didn't even make it a month. Part of the problem was being limited to one photo per day... some days I had more than one and other days I had none.  I know I might miss a day now and then and have to catch  up but I'm going to give it a try anyway.  Another problem is that it will add to my long and neglected list of things I need to do on the computer (which is not a good thing) but we're thinking of blogging at the same time so at least when my face is buried in the computer typing these blog posts, their faces will be too :). 

It's funny to me that as my kids get older, I'm feeling more and more that I need to turn away from the many distractions in my life so I can turn toward them more often.  Maybe it's the fact that it won't be long before they are so preoccupied with their own lives that I will no longer need to worry about this... I'm trying hard to really listen when they talk to me and to really spend some focused time with them outside of the stuff we have to do together. I love to spend time talking with them, having fun together, and engaging with them in their interests.  Old habits die hard though and I still find the computer (or the iPad) calling my name each time I walk past. 

That's it for today - time to move on to the really important (face-to-face) things in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment